I had the misfortune to be asked to do a review exchange, my kindle book is a complex emotional 77000 word document that cannot possibly be read in 24 hours. The reviews I have had so far are positive! and fair. Based on how the reader felt about the book. 4 or 5 * reviews Approaching zero has been getting.
I read the recipients 24 pages! and it was awful! grammar seemed to come directly off Google translate! certainly not worth the $2.99 they were asking for it... So I declined, as placing a 1 or 2 star review was not what they wanted! So I told them the review exchange was unfair as my book was long and theirs was so short (trying to be diplomatic)
The woman (I'm guessing) was not very pleased and consequently placed a 1* review! (without even reading) a very childish act as people who have genuinely read the book have enjoyed it, and if they have read it and not enjoyed, then thats ok too.
So be warned NOT to do this,
As this will happen... Fortunately you can see that it is done out of spite and not a proper review! she had even got the book for free! as it was on promotion, so please watch out for the reviewer!
Its so silly..But then again, the internet can draw out the "strange ones" There are many facebook groups with review exchanges, numerous badly written "novels" or self help books from everywhere!
To those who have read and enjoyed I thank you for your honest review!

probably has several accounts for doing just that! Stupid really!
ReplyDeletecertainly sound like it..Good advice! There are so many indie books that are great, but a heap of rubbish, spoils it for everyone! 24 pages does not make a book worth $2 especially if its crap!
ReplyDeleteReview exchange is somewhat flawed, as its usually the bad writers that want 5* which gives a false picture of how good their work actually is!
ReplyDeleteWhat terrible grammar that reviewer has. Haha Can't take that review seriously, especially if you have read the book...it's a wonderful read! Review exchange sounds like a terrible scam, I would stay clear! It's people like her/him that give Indie publishers a bad rep! Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteyes, Sarah, you can tell it was done out of spite! silly really...As others are intelligent enough to notice!
ReplyDeletehate things like this! reading and reviewing is what the author needs, this just gives reviewing a bad name especially swapping!
ReplyDeleteReview exchange is somewhat flawed, as its usually the bad writers that want 5* which gives a false picture of how good their work actually is!a3trading
ReplyDelete